The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Smartphone / iPad users: access the forum with Tapatalk, free!    Info here

Author Topic: Starbucks on Woodward  (Read 3501 times)

RO retailer

Re: Starbucks on Woodward
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »

Doug is a neighbor so I see him quite often and he is taking good care of himself and enjoying the life.  My son worked there several years ago for about 6 or so years.  They always kept a couple of Vernors in the cooler for me.

The Capitalist

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/02/22/royal-oak-starbucks-woodward-traffic/

Police chief: "It's only a problem during rush hour" (so that makes it ok?)
Director of community development: "They meet our minimum standards for a drive thru"

Yay! See problem, deny it is a problem, shrug shoulders and make no attempt to fix it or prevent it in the future.

RO retailer

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

BALONEY!  Evidently the answers by city hall are made by employees that live no where near 13 Mile and Woodward.  Anyone that lives off Woodward know that turning right out of our residential streets from Webster to Guilford, turn to the far lane to avoid Starbucks. 13 and Woodward is always backed up and the Beaumont construction isn't helping. 

Starbucks had to take 2 bites at the apple (ZBA) before they got the variance they wanted.  And the city did not take into consideration the car rental business just south of the coffee shop.

resident

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »

Live near 13 and Woodward ? Heck,  I would be thrilled if they lived in the same county .

I do find it heartwarming, that our Chief of Police might be embarking an yet a 3rd career, doing stand up comedy.
Close proximity to Ridley's from city hall may have had an effect.
Or,
i missed the new definition of "Rush Hour "   Rush Hour may in fact just now be anytime there is a back up on Woodward enhanced drastically by Starbucks. 

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 03:27:52 PM »

The key word is "minimum".  As in the minimum number of parking spaces for a project.  All parking spaces (or backup lines) should always be full because, well you know, these are expensive for the city or a business to install or maintain, so, let's not have more than they "need".