The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Smartphone / iPad users: access the forum with Tapatalk, free!    Info here

Author Topic: 2018 Crime  (Read 430 times)

Gladys Kravitz

2018 Crime
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »

2018 is proving to be a busy year in the crime department.  DEA was in town once again today

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/dea-3-men-used-airbnb-in-royal-oak-for-distribution-of-heroin-cocaine

RORooster

Re: 2018 Crime
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »

2018 is proving to be a busy year in the crime department.  DEA was in town once again today

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/dea-3-men-used-airbnb-in-royal-oak-for-distribution-of-heroin-cocaine

Gladys,

I know this will seem like a rather insensative and/or a politically directed qustion, but were the individuals legal or were they illegal, You would think this would have been a piece of information that would have been of intrest. Any chance of finding out?

Rooster   

RORooster

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:30 PM »

Gladys,

I know this will seem like a rather insensative and/or a politically directed qustion, but were the individuals legal or were they illegal, You would think this would have been a piece of information that would have been of intrest. Any chance of finding out?

Rooster

Rumor has it that a Royal Oak sitting commissioner is married to a Federal Immigration judge in Detroit. Maybe she could shed some light.

Rooster

Gladys Kravitz

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 06:03:57 AM »

Gladys,

Rooster

Some would say its an insensitive question Rooster, but given the complexity of the names, its not an illogical question to ask in this day and age.  None of the news outlets that covered it broached this aspect.  One outlet published the federal indictment in full, and all it showed was that 2 of the 3 arrested reside in Long Beach California.  Usually when these types of DEA drug stories break, there is rarely, if ever any kind of follow up on the story.  The court saga and any sentences aren't nearly as splashy for them to report.  I would venture to say if any of the 3 are not citizens, if convicted, they will be returned to their county of citizenship upon conviction, or after their sentence.

Interesting to note:  The arrest did not show up in the local crime statistics on crimemapping.  I'm wondering if federal arrests are not included in the annual crime statistics report.

resident

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »

Not to fan the fire here,   and not related to the DEA arrests. 
Just this morning we found out via " NEXT DOOR" there was an active situation the next street over. 
Upton School area, 14 / Coolidge.
Yep, let the dog out, start coffee, open the computer to find you let the dog out with a B and E had was/is place 4 houses away at the same time . 
Eyewitness accounts had 5 ROPD cars with K-9 searching the area. Hard to fault that level of response. 

Victim follow up on " next door "  reports he was home at the time.  Cash grab. Thankfully all safe.   
Very lucky, as an another neighbor had alerted somebody in their backyard, prompting a quicker response . 
Our quiet area for the past 20 years, is getting less and less quiet. 
Good times, bad times, no area is immune.  Lock your cars, doors, windows. 

Will be watching follow up reports on this one.  Rumor had it the police were alerting area Bus drivers to B.O.L.O.

buzzsaw

resident

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »

Yep.  Busy Morning on the news.
Many schools contending with being on knife edge.
No face time on camera ( school and P.D. ), informing the parents, and going about the business of the day. 
Thus far, i think the R.O.  school system and police department handled it well. Parents may, or may not agree. I bow to them.
No way can i fathom the nerves on edge for Parents, and all inside of a school building each and every day right now.
Hoping the scare and lock downs start to subside and soon. Let the Schools, Parents, and Police decide what, and how to do.
I have my own opinion ,( shocker ) but , this one belongs to those effected first person.  I hate the idea of schools becoming prisons , or airports,  but enough already.  Let those mills for safety and schools get used on this if need be.     

I am seeing a lot more Police presence in our hood as of late,  even before the last break in this weekend.
Glad to see it. Right now it puts me on edge a bit, as i am not used to seeing them so often, it makes me think something is going on.
I will get used to it. I would rather have them around a lot, then clear across town should a need arise.