The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Smartphone / iPad users: access the forum with Tapatalk, free!    Info here

Author Topic: Brandon Kolo  (Read 1221 times)

HelloWorld

Brandon Kolo
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:31:42 PM »

What do you think of Kolo? Word on the street is that he is running for election again in the future.

RORooster

Re: Brandon Kolo
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:08 PM »

What do you think of Kolo? Word on the street is that he is running for election again in the future.

What gave it away? Was it the library Board updates, constant presence at CITCOM, phrase and adoration by the mayor, or probable great support from the Royal Oak Democratic Party, a realistic financial support "Consulting" from Prime Peak (Dubac/Woodward) and a possible seat on the Senior Committee that died a slow death? Anybody figure out what this "Shell Company" is all about yet? Anybody ask?

Rooster

resident

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »

Bless you Rooster.

I have said it before, and even Randy L states the same thing, Brandon is a likable young man.
That said, he has as much business on Senior Task Force as i would  on a Health / Fitness/ Vegan task force.
Pivot Point or Former Mayor as coaching source ? You make the call.
He is least dangerous being tasked with the library.
I call it a nod to the " not ready for prime time players"
Simply , as i have told him ( big deal, coming from me means zilch ).  He needs to consider broadening his scope of influence and inspiration.   Not going to happen. 
Randy gave an olive branch / rose giving him a endorsement for the Senior task force, i bet simply to get 2 very worthy senior ladies on the task force.  To no avail, as none of them got on.
Bright senior minds ? nope not wanted. Party ties only please.
My ever eroding faith in Ms Macey continues, as she wanted Mr. Kolo on , but not talent. Party before city. ( they are seemingly joined at the hip, a tad creepy to me )
At least give Ms Douglas a nod. She emphatically did not want to appoint Brandon.
Then we got the end-around at Cit-Com. 

If Brandon runs and gets elected, this city gets what it deserves.

Yet,  Mr. Karlowski sits on the sidelines. 
Simple acid test.  One i trust with my checkbook, one i do not.
( yes, i am aware they ran for different time serve seats ) 

2019 will be a true acid test.
Hopefully cerebral matter and data will take hold of emotion and hope. 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:55:32 PM by resident »

HelloWorld

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »

Brandon Kolo told me that Jim never received donations from Rizzo Environmental Services. Whether you think the donation was inappropriate is for another thread. Kolo told me it was from a "Family friend" that  coincidentally has the last name Rizzo. He told me this is only brought up as a "Smear tactic" to "Tarnish Mr. Ellison's name" from the "Farmers market people" who "use scare tactics".

A quick check on Secretary of State proves that Kolo lied to me, or was lied to.

My impression after this conversation is that Kolo is a dangerous sycophant.

resident

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:57 AM »

Brandon is right partly, if you follow the wording.  Rizzo the business  did not donate, that is correct.  Not legal for a business to donate.
Rizzo named individuals did donate.  Yep , looks shady but very legal.
Yes, it is not against the law to take money from Rizzo , even if nailed in another city.
It does look shady, close friend or not, the money should have gone to charity or retuned.  Just my humble opinion.
Remember, the last cycle had a bartender from 5th avenue donate $1000.  ( not shady right ? )

Scare tactics.  I laugh out loud. One uses city supplied information, that is scare tactics ? 

Never forget, the " the non scare tactic" accusers, sent a late city wide text that the non-incumbant slate would all of the sudden, out of the blue, repeal the Human Rights Ordinance.  Never once was that idea voiced, nor on the radar of truth at any level.

I have a favorite cliche .   Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

RO retailer

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »

I have had one conversation with Ice Cream man and so has my husband.  While he is friendly and willing to listen to a couple of longtime residents, it is very evident he has drunk the Kool-Aid.  His replies to our questions are textbook. 
I have less (not much) questions about donations from businesses or people who live within the Royal Oak city limits, but when it comes from out city and even more, out state, I draw the line.
I also find important, the candidates background and experience, and volunteerism.  One more little point, historical knowledge of Royal Oak.  City officials should know the city. 

And Macy?  Very disappointing! 

The Capitalist

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »

I've spoken with Brandon, very nice fellow. I also know exactly which way he would vote on every issue.

Imissmyhometown

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

I've spoken with Brandon, very nice fellow. I also know exactly which way he would vote on every issue.

And that is the problem. Party line not critical thinking of the issues.
Too often noble goals serve as a Trojan Horse for political control.

RO retailer

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »

I was shocked to see that he signed up for Senior Committee.  I am really not sure why. What are his concerns regarding Royal Oak Seniors?  Why is transportation so limited for the handicap?  Why is handicap parking so limited?  Why is the parking at the South Senior apartments on the west side of Main and no traffic light?  Why has the price for Seniors parking doubled downtown?  Just a few questions.

MalcoveMagnesia

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »

I watched that segment of the CitCom meeting and it's the first time I caught myself agreeing with Sharlan's reasoning (pushing forward two volunteers for the senior commission who were way more qualified) while disagreeing with Randy.

RO retailer

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:32 PM »

It was a sham!  The committee picked 2 Royal Oak seniors, but Macy threw a hissy because she wanted Kolo.  Lots of name calling and snarkys at the selection meeting.  One of the selected withdrew her application.  Randy would vote for Kolo if Macy would vote for his selection (Wagman).  When presented to the CC for approval,  Douglas threw in 2 new names and it passed with the newbees and both Kolo and Wagman were out.  The 2 new are unknowns.  Now, no one on the board is a Royal Oak Senior.

Said before and say again!  Paper Tiger.

The Capitalist

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »

Now, no one on the board is a Royal Oak Senior.

Is this true? What is the age of the oldest member on this committee? What is the mean age?

Imissmyhometown

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »

I watched that segment of the CitCom meeting and it's the first time I caught myself agreeing with Sharlan's reasoning (pushing forward two volunteers for the senior commission who were way more qualified) while disagreeing with Randy.

Senior task force now consists of: (ages result of google searches)

One geriatric physical therapist - 28
One individual who works for a company that happens to rent apartments to seniors - 29
One social worker (no specialty given) - 51
One retiree (no special qualifications regarding seniors) - 55
One retired hospice nurse - 67
And the member appointed from Parks & Rec hasn't attended a meeting in 2 years.

This does not look like a well rounded committee to address all the aspects of "Aging in Place".
Too often noble goals serve as a Trojan Horse for political control.

RORooster

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »

Senior task force now consists of: (ages result of google searches)

One geriatric physical therapist - 28
One individual who works for a company that happens to rent apartments to seniors - 29
One social worker (no specialty given) - 51
One retiree (no special qualifications regarding seniors) - 55
One retired hospice nurse - 67
And the member appointed from Parks & Rec hasn't attended a meeting in 2 years.

This does not look like a well rounded committee to address all the aspects of "Aging in Place".

Looks pretty Royal Oak to me! Ever take a look at the commission and its ability to address all the aspects of a city?

Rooster

RO retailer

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 03:03:00 PM »

I will reserve any opinions until their first meeting and see what their direction is.  Bet there is somewhere a survey or a "study".