The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Author Topic: Superior Fish to close  (Read 407 times)

RO retailer

Re: Superior Fish to close
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »

The building was originally the home of the Martin Bus Line.  Maybe the transit committee can buy the building and use it for rogo. 

MalcoveMagnesia

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »

Nope.  The building almost certainly has demolition in it's near term future.

You have to make it to the end of the sentimental Freep article but it discloses that they're closing because the property has been sold to an undisclosed buyer. 

Which means it's likely to become yet another mixed use office or condo.

RO retailer

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »

I did hear that the check had a ton of zeros.
My first guess?  Emagine. They need more parking because the hotel/office is putting a real squeeze on what is available now. This is just a guess.

resident

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »

Hedging my bets on yet another parking structure.  All those nice homes north east of that locale will lose even more sunshine .

My foil hat notes the DDA just got 2 million for the 696 property. 
Quickly thereafter the fish market property is sold.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:34:02 AM by resident »

ROpro

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »

I did hear that the check had a ton of zeros.
My first guess?  Emagine. They need more parking because the hotel/office is putting a real squeeze on what is available now. This is just a guess.

putting a parking deck there does not make sense when the city is building a huge one across the street.

resident

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 10:46:49 AM »

When has not making sense stopped things ?   

:)

RORooster

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »

The building was originally the home of the Martin Bus Line.  Maybe the transit committee can buy the building and use it for rogo.

Donnigan's probably on it as we speak!

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »

can you spell M E G A B A R ?   Royal Oak hasn't had a new one for a year or two.  I think there is enough parking, seeing that it is not in the CBD and must supply per ordinance, which will have been changed to less spaces if Comm. Douglas has her way.

MalcoveMagnesia

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »

Posted on the door of the building today:

I wonder why they are so hot to close the business?  It's a shame it'll have to be empty / vacant for at least a year or more (while the site plans navigate through ZBA, DDA, etc. etc.). 

Everyone knows Billings Hardware is going away "real soon now" but the business continues until it's time to make way for the new condo building. 

RO retailer

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 12:00:44 PM »

Buyer demolish the building,  create a temp parking lot, charge $20. a car, and make his money up at ABE.

RO retailer

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »

Rick Johnson of Billings had already found a new location for Billings before he passed away.  His son has taken over the business.  It is located near 14 Mile and Delemere.  There is a building right on the corner that is being worked on. Only a MAYBE.  There are several warehouse type buildings that are for rent or sale in the area.

This Superior deal may have been signed, sealed, and delivered several weeks ago.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Just kept mum until a set date. 

RO retailer

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »

I am looking at an aerial photo of Superior and my sixth sense is raging.  Backend of Emagine on the west and 2 small buildings on the east.  It looks like these 2 only goes back so far that there is a green with trees area.  It looks like it is part of the Superior property.  Nice chunk of prime, and I don't mean steak!

resident

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 03:54:41 PM »

My buddy owns the 14 / Delemere corner . Still for sale so i doubt that is it. Plus the building is not well suited for a business like Billings . It would would have decent for the fish mongers  :)

Imissmyhometown

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »

I recall (hopefully correctly) Billings said they were going to eliminate retail sales and change business to repairs only.
Too often noble goals serve as a Trojan Horse for political control.