The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Smartphone / iPad users: access the forum with Tapatalk, free!    Info here

Author Topic: Bus Business  (Read 167 times)

BuzzBuzz

Bus Business
« on: June 18, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

I know that the city bus service is controversial, but it looks like it's here:

http://www.dailytribune.com/general-news/20180618/task-force-to-recommend-city-bus-system-millage-to-royal-oak-officials

Millage?  Route?  Hours?

Buses are one of those "don't want it until I need it" items in life, as well as "help your neighbors".  I'd like to add "think a little harder."

For instance the "to the borders only" mentality would exclude the bigger (better? certainly larger stock) Hollywood store on on 12 Mile, even though the bus will be stopping at close-by Krogers simply because it isn't in Madison Heights.

I'm sure each of you could come up with an extra stop.

The Capitalist

Re: Bus Business
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »

I just don't see this one getting traction. Very, very few people seem to say anything encouraging about it.

Even those stepford wife facebook admins who seem to think the city can absolutely do no wrong ("DPS truck just crashed in my front yard and dropped 3 tons of feces from the animal shelter. Oh goodness I am just delighted by the fertilizer opportunity this has presented!") haven't been pounding the drum for overpriced bus service.

HelloWorld

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »

Welcome to the 20th century! The future is Uber, Uber Health, Shipt, Amazon Etc

Imissmyhometown

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »

I wish this wasn't on the same ballot as the marijuana proposal. Just like school ballots bring out those who would not normally vote in a non-presidential election, the marijuana proposal and those in favor of "free" transportation may go hand in hand.
Too often noble goals serve as a Trojan Horse for political control.