The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Author Topic: What's with Jim Ellison?  (Read 1604 times)

BuzzBuzz

What's with Jim Ellison?
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »

Again private citizen Jim Ellison appeared at a City Commission meeting to address a local topic, although he was then as institutional memory (much like Pat Parusch sometimes is), although in support of what the neighbors did not want.

Why can't he do a little of his present job and inform us what is being done to us in Lansing?  Commissioners took official notice of the city having to pick up the bill for legal defense, and he might have told the city about the good and bad of the idea.  I think he said something about the massive rebuild of I-75 (and he might have mentioned how soon the state will do the same to I-696) but nothing else since.

I realize that with little control he by his party he doesn't get much notice, but other state Reps seem to get bills mentioned in the Freep's weekly roundup on Sunday.  All I can remeber are two bearing his name.

Jim, more from Lansing, please.

HelloWorld

Re: What's with Jim Ellison?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:56:41 PM »

What now??? Berms?? Traffic?

The Capitalist

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »

He and one other resident (who also did not live in the area) were advocating to keep the Fresard clock tower so it could light the neighborhood with LED advertisements. 100% of the other people there to comment on it were against it.

Cmh231

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »

What's your point Sharlan?
Lauren

HelloWorld

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »

He has not been looking so good lately. He's dressing a lot more casual but my hypothesis is that he wants to look like "just another resident".

I know that he watches at least 4 hours a day of MSNBC. Imagine if he spent 4 hours a day talking to voters in the district instead.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:20:02 PM by HelloWorld »

RORooster

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »

He has not been looking so good lately. He's dressing a lot more casual but my hypothesis is that he wants to look like "just another resident".

I know that he watches at least 4 hours a day of MSNBC. Imagine if he spent 4 hours a day talking to voters in the district instead.

Never trust a politician wearing a 5th Avenue bowling shirt!

Rooster

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »

I'm sure I've missed some Jim Ellison-sponsored bills, but saw the third I am aware of in Last week's Free press, one that forbids ownership or sale of non-human primates*.  I'm sure he will have a good reason, but the only time Jim makes an appearance at Commission meetings is in his "personal" more (AKA in favor of the Boji project), and I think we deserve some official face time.  Past Reps did it and so should he.

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »

Jim strikes again.  Thursday's Freep lists a new bit of legislation sponsored by Rep Jim concerning carnivorous animals, which together with the previous one on on not owning non-human primates makes him the Representative of the Zoo, which will have it's own local bus stop.  I'm not sure why, because the key to getting people into downtown is parking, and the Zoo has it's own, and they just raised the rate if you plan to exhaust the kids looking at the bears then go eat--with a total cost more than just parking down there.

Would you visit the Zoo via city bus, having walked from your home to a stop?

RO retailer

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »

no

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »

What about walking to a city stop and then transferring to a SMART bus to take it down to a ball game?  I can think of possible problems.  Decades ago my parents took us to Canada for a vacation.   We had just crossed using the tunnel when I got out my transistor radio (remember those?) and tuned in WJR for news, to find that the Tiger game was still on--in the 22nd inning.  They lost and it remained the longest game for some years (I think its 24 now).  Try to get a bus home from that!

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »

I wrote:
Could I point out that while you have had lots of these cozy "come see me" meetings, I can't recall even one official appearance before the were several memorable appearances in your person.  Surely something has happened in Lansing that residents would like to be informed about.

He wrote:
Then read my quarterly newsletter, or come to one of my coffee meetings. I have let city officials do the city appearances. I have attended many RO and MH events.

The Capitalist

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »

Why in the world do you want to see his lips move

RO retailer

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »

Cappy:    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

resident

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »

And here i thought you would all be at tonight's very short notice fundraiser .  Right before the Sit-com meeting. 
Get them riled up, and send them over.  Who wants to bet ? 

RO retailer

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »

I have a distinct feeling that a least one member of the CC is showing signs of "..... I just don't want to bother with this anymore".  And another who is up past bedtime.