The Royal Oak Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Author Topic: Free birthday stuff  (Read 2620 times)

BuzzBuzz

Free birthday stuff
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »

This is my birthday month.  I've signed up for Noodles, Mongolian Barbecue and Royal Oak Brewery.  Does anybody else local (or a chain) offer free-on (or near)-your-birthday?  Makes getting a year more decrepit a bit more tolerable.

royaloaknightlifeexaminer

• Royal Oak Nightlife Examiner
Re: Free birthday stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:23:22 PM »

I didn't know any of those places did!  Nice work!

I always take advantage of the 20% off coupon for DSW I get :).
~Kim

motorfamilymotorcity man

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:57:05 PM »

Lockharts also has a birthday club.

Slows BBQ will give you a free dessert (rhubarb cobbler) if you go there on your B-day.

Mark

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:30 AM »

You can get a free car wash at Jax on your birthday, no signup needed.

RO retailer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »

are there any b-day deals in Hawaii?   ;D

Carter

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »

If you sign up for the Toys R Us Birthday club, you get a free toy, balloon and crown on your birthday, and Geoffrey the Giraffe will call you to tell you happy birthday. 

Marga

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure Buddy's gives you some kind of freebie for your birthday.

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »

I see your English class is coming along, at least you have developed a vocabulary.  Grammar needs a lot of work however.

Why don't you go practice elsewhere?

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »

I think a spambot entry was removed from before my last comment.   No reflection on real, honest members!

My birthday is coming up again, and I've got to say downtown Royal Oak is the place!  I've been googling "  (city)  free on your birthday, and the best (in fact only substantial) close-by free-bees are here.  If you want to do the same, just remember that some require you to register by the month before your particular happy occasion (?) because their computer sends the notice on the first.

Anny new ones would be welcomed.

royaloaknightlifeexaminer

• Royal Oak Nightlife Examiner
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »

Lockharts and Royal Oak Brewery will give you a free entree your birthday month.  I totally dropped the ball on my b-day so take advantage for me:)
~Kim

RO retailer

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 10:23:12 AM »

My husband got a freebee for his birthday.  Surgery at Beaumont.  Its about time we collected from Blue Cross.

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »

I got mine this week too, thanks to the new health laws that require free screenings--the one that makes you drink a gallon of salt water the day before.  Never again.

BuzzBuzz

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »

For those who still have a birthday upcoming, my 2012 cumulation:

All of these are accomplished on their respective web sites via a "birthday club" or some such sign up.  Of course, you'll get other promotional offers during the year.  Most are in the CBD.

Lockhart's
Royal Oak Brewery
Give you a free entree (dine in).  You need to register at least the week before the month of your birthday.  E-mail arrives on the 1st of the month and is good for that month.

Mongolian BBQ
Noodles
Also offer a free entree, but their e-mails arrive a week before your birthday and are usually good for 14 days.  Noodles lets you do a take-out, but Mongo wants you in a seat inside.

I had a very nice tour of craft beers offered by these places as I celebrated my birthday.  I didn't cook for a week.

You can finish off one of these repasts in downtown Royal Oak with a single scoop of ice cream at Baskin-Robins via their Birthday Club sign-up.  Cold Stone Creamery used to have the same thing, but now it's a buy-one-get-one coupon.

Quodoba had one I didn't use, I think it was buy a burrito, get one, their standard promotional offer.

Buddy's
will give you a small (4 section) pizza.  I go to the one on Woodward.  It's dine-in if you go to one of their sit-down eateries.

A little further away, Red Robin on John R will give you a free, fat-and-salt laden burger (good!), but you need to do a little work: pick up a customer card at the restaurant first, then register it when you sign up for the birthday offering online.  It will be loaded with the free burger a week before your birthday (good for the rest of the month, I think).  Yes, Carter, they have beer there too.

Finally, Lilli's has a birthday club which rewards you with an entree when you dine in with somebody who also buys an entree.  I just signed up for this one so I don't know if this is a standard promotional special or not.  I do know they invited me to Tartan Day and I'm waiting to see what other national pride days they celebrate.

I Googled "free on your birthday" for surrounding cities and our Entertainment District Downtown was the clear leader in number of offers.

Any others to register for during the rest of the year would no doubt be used by the rest of the crowd.  Keep 'em coming!

Carter

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »

You Liberals...Always trying to work the system to get free stuff from others.  You know what is a good birthday reward?  Paying for a meal with money you earn from hard work. 

just kidding  ;D

acidbath

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »

Good to know the Libs are still able to build up phony strawman arguments to beat me over the head with.  ::)

As for Buzzy taking advantage of private businesses offering free food to get him introduced to their products, good for them! At least there's no government bureaucrat forcing them to do it...yet.